Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday & Wednesday

Howdy all. We pretty much finished our ocean animal power point presentations and I have saved them to a memory stick that I will play during open house in May. Maybe, if time permits, I can share them at conferences next week. The kids are continuing to present their ocean animal reports and the class has been extremely receptive to the information and opportunity to teach their classmates. Their sculptures are awesome!

Many of you have questioned the schedule for next week's Monterey Bay Aquarium field trip. As I mentioned at Back-to-School Night, this trip was arranged last year prior to the announcement of the school's conference schedule. I realise how much of an inconvenience this trip will cause many of you due to bussing and Apple schedules. I am working on arranging transportation for students from Rio to Apple upon our return from the aquarium. Hopefully a kind-hearted parent (is there any other kind) will volunteer to truck the few students we have over to Apple. The school bus will not be available to pick kids up as we returning to school after the end of the school day. Please let me know if this is an undue stress for your family.

Students were not assigned much work tonight. It is my hope that they will complete the vocabulary for the week that was sent home yesterday and actually begin to study the definitions, not just copy them down. Beyond that, students are responsible for the following:

-Reading Log
-Math 31 (1-20)
-Library books are due on Wednesday this week

Respectfully, Mr. B

No comments: