Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday and Changes

Hello, and thank you for checking in.  As this is the final week of the second trimester, we will be making some procedural changes moving forward.  One of my goals for the fourth graders I have the pleasure of working with is to have the kids take a greater measure of responsibility for their efforts and actions.  As such, I will no longer be offering a weekly homework log for the kids.  Many of them have become lazy with maintaining their planners, and one went so far as to say, "Why should I write in my planner with you give us a list of assignments?"  Ugh, not what I wanted to hear.  I will be reviewing expectations with the kids and promoting their effective use of planners.  If they fail to bring their planners home to work with, they can take the initiative to check this blog.  It will continue to be updated Monday through Thursday.

Thursday is the last day I will be accepting make up work or assignments from the kids.

We are wrapping up our Gold Rush studies and game this week.  The kids will be assessed on their knowledge of the time with a quiz on Friday.  We are not making a study guide, nor will I be sending one home with the kids.  Their efforts with the classroom game should more than prepare them for the quiz.

Third trimester AR goals will go home in next Monday's Red Folder.  Report cards will be made available a week from Thursday.

We have a field trip to Elkhorn Slough tentatively scheduled for Friday, April 19th.  I will keep everyone in the loop as I get more information from the reserve.

Today, the kids are responsible for the following:

- DEAR
- math 21.3, pp 473 - 474, problems 4-15
- spelling 85 (packet due Friday)
- Red Folder
- Keep working on your Saturday Night Activity for Friday.

Respectfully, Mr. B

No comments: