Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Heatwave!

This weather has been a real pain in the classroom (as we don't have air conditioning), but I must admit that I am enjoying my evenings outside in shorts!

We are working like mad this week to finalize drafts of our Hero essays. We'll be typing them and placing them in a classroom anthology. While I informed the class that we will be working on typing our essays in the computer lab, many students inquired as to whether they could type them at home. My answer is yes, however the work must be completed in 12 point Times New Roman font. Spacing should be 1 1/2 lines. A title will need to appear at the top of the page and the student name will appear at the bottom of the page. As we are creating a book from this effort, I asked students to provide a photograph of their hero, especially if it is a family member. Students writing about popular figures can get images from the web, so no worries there. All photographs will be returned. I promise. Please just send them in an envelope and I will return them in an upcoming orange folder.

I am scrapping this week's spelling quiz, as we have yet to work with the words. My apologies, but our efforts have been elsewhere.

The kids are responsible for the following tonight:

-reading log
-math 99
-continue editing Hero essay for Thursday's lab

Respectfully, Mr. Bryant

No comments: