Thursday, October 23, 2008

Howdy all

Well,I'm sorry to inform you all that I will be out of the classroom next week. My Grandmother, 83, had open heart surgery last week. She was sent home after seven days of recovery at the hospital, and then had a stroke. She's back in the hospital now, and I'll be leaving for Reno Saturday morning / afternoon and staying as long as I can to help her and my Grandpa.

The classroom will be business as usual. I won't be sending home Orange Folders on Monday for the simple fact that I need to prepare lesson plans in my absence before I can correct the students' work. Ellen Abelard will be here in my place. I've spoken with Julie Roberson and Lisa Smith about the Halloween Party next Thursday. The parade and classroom party are a go.

The kids will have homework Monday through Wednesday of next week, and I will post that over the weekend before I leave. For tonight, the kids are responsible for the following:

-Reading Log
-study for Friday's spelling quiz
-extra credit opportunity. In one paragraph, explain what a magnet is made from. Be detailed.

Finally, student leadership speeches are due tomorrow, no exceptions.

Respectfully, Mr, Bryant

No comments: