Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday Terrors

Howdy all. These kids play the meanest April Fools jokes. I think I was informed that my fly was down about a dozen times. I actually fell for it the first time. And then I was told that a few of the students were moving away at the end of the week, and then the rest were taking extended vacations next week. Such imaginations!

We began our exploratory research for WWII report topics today and about 2/3 of the class has committed to a subject matter. I'll post reminders about timeframes and expectations periodically, but these reports are being structured and written in the comfort of your homes...not in class. A few folks have raised concern about the content of the WWII reports, so I will repeat here what I informed folks of way back at our Back-To-School Night last September. The reports themselves and the subject matter that we deal with in class with our readings and literature studies are simply meant to broaden perspectives of world cutures and events. It is in no way glorifying the idea or effects of war. I know the subject matter is often considered controversial, but in light of the state of the world today, it is more than relevant.

Tomorrow is a short day. Mrs. Sawyer will also be holding her used book sale after school. All books will be a quarter.

Finally, the kids are responsible for the following tonight:

-Reading Log
-Math lesson 94 (1-20)
-Reading Practice book pages 316 & 317

Respectfully, Mr. B

No comments: