Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday

Howdy all, and thanks for checking in. Sorry to get this up late today, however I facilitate an after school program on Thursdays in the classroom. I'll try to get them up as early as possible.

Not to hound folks, but it is extremely important for the kids to have the supplies that I listed for you last week sooner than later. We are using them frequently, and the kids that don't have them are feeling left out. I can offer them substitutes (as I have been doing), but they are loose leaf paper that tends to get shoved in desks and lost. Please obtain a composition book and sketch book ASAP.

We had the opportunity to visit the computer lab today and the kids took their initial reading assessments. These assessments gauge their vocabulary and comprehension skills, from which I set Accelerated Reader goals. Goals are now accessible on line and I will send hard copies home with the kids on Monday in their Weekly Folder.

Tonight, the kids are responsible for the following:

- Math 2.2
- Reading Practice book page 8
- continue studying spelling words for tomorrow's quiz

Respectfully, Mr. Bryant

No comments: